Visiting Practitioners play an integral part in the wellness offerings at Six Senses. We’re delighted to welcome back these passionate therapists and wellness consultants who bring boundless energy to our resorts for the summer season.
Sommai Phokamnerd is originally from Thailand. He studied acupuncture in Malaysia and Tibetan singing bowls in Nepal. He is a yoga and qi gong instructor, as well as being an experienced therapist for many years.
- Tibetan singing bowls produce an exceptional and powerful sound with vibration that results in curative and healthy effects along with spiritual transformation.
- Crystal Chakra Balancing involves placing crystal and Himalayan stones on each energy center, combined with Reiki and chakra balancing techniques to create openings for life energy to flow.
- Working on your meridians (energy lines), the techniques in Royal Thai Meridians follow muscular-tendon lines, applying pressure in varied intensity to release stiffness and tension, improve circulation and increase energy flow.
- Slimming Detox combines Chinese cupping and slimming massage techniques which reduce cellulite, tighten and tone muscles, break down fat and aid the release of toxins, which are drained by the lymphatic system.
Sommai Phokamnerd will be visiting …
Six Senses Spa Yao Noi: August 1 to 30, 2019
Six Senses Spa Kaplankaya: September 1 to 30, 2019
Banu Alagoz specializes in emotional well-being practices and energetic healing. She studied aquatic bodywork, Kundalini yoga, tantra, Taoist healing arts. Her perspective of healing is in the sense of making whole. Rooted in shamanic and Sufi practices of the heart, she believes in the power of touch as a gateway opening to emotional well-being on all levels.
- Watsu uses energy healing, massage and stretching techniques while being floated weightless on the surface of water. It helps to soften muscles and tissues, open energy pathways, increase mobility, flexibility, lightnessand create the feeling of flow by releasing stored emotions as well as blocked energy.
- Flow and Connection Ritual for Couples (in or outside water) features relaxing meditation to awaken the sensations in the body through breathing, gentle movement and awareness. You are invited to soften, be present, connect with each other and the elements around you.
- Emotional Detox Massage Therapy blends Asian massage techniques and Daoist energy healing, helping you release unprocessed negative emotions held in the body’s cellular memory.
- Kundalini Yoga and Healing Love Meditation encourages a gentle awakening of the creative life force, Kundalini, with breathing, movement and sound. A flowing yoga class and movement in meditation result in feeling lighter, happier, relaxed and at ease.
Banu Alagoz will be visiting …
Six Senses Spa Kaplankaya until June 30, 2019
Toby Maguire draws from nearly 20 years of practicing eastern medicine to enable healing of the body and mind, addressing physical pain and psychological blockages. Toby’s expertise includes acupuncture, Chinese abdominal massage, pain relief massage, Reiki, hypnotherapy, qi gong and meditation.
- Chi Balancing Massage Therapy uses various energy enhancing and re-balancing techniques which include massaging the body and abdomen, stretching the major muscle groups and calming the mind with energy healing and auricular acupuncture.
- Auricular Acupuncture uses a microsystem technique that is performed on the ear, which is neurologically active because of its proximity to the brain. It can help relieve neck, back and shoulder pain, sciatica, wrist, hip and knee pain, sports injuries, muscle stiffness, headaches and migraines, stress and anxiety, digestive disorders and insomnia.
- Therapeutic Massage with Acupuncture targets specific areas of pain in the body by combining different massage techniques to restore blood flow to the affected area, followed by acupuncture to relieve pain via the nervous system.
- Abdominal Massage (+optional acupuncture) is a deeply relaxing massage that promotes healthy digestion, emotional balance and longevity. Chei Nei Tsang works on releasing tension in the abdomen often caused by dietary habits and stress.
Toby Maguire will be visiting:
Six Senses Spa Douro Valley: June 1 to 30, 2019
Six Senses Spa Kaplankaya: August 1 to 30, 2019
For more information, please email email@example.com.