Immersed within 12th century stone ruins, and looking out across the breathtaking Himalayan Mountains, this afternoon tea is not your average brew. It’s a complete celebration of life.
Our Paro lodge enjoys one of the most scenic settings on the Six Senses Bhutan journey. Its medieval surroundings and comfortable, relaxed atmosphere combine to create the perfect opportunity for reconnection and rejuvenation. Here, even a simple cup of tea can be a deeply meditative experience. So when asked how we take ours, we always answer seriously, very seriously.
Blue Pine & Ginger Tea with Apple & Almond Jaggery sprinkled with shredded Coconut
Blue pine boosts the immune system, improves vision, stimulates circulation, helps the body protect against pathogens, improves respiratory health, aids in improving skin health and prevents hair loss and dandruff.
Ginger is an ancient ayurvedic medicine with powerful anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant effects, helping to prevent cancer, lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure, reduce menstrual pain and treat chronic indigestion.
The natural sweetener jaggery is loaded with precious minerals like zinc and selenium, aiding digestion, acting as a detox for the liver, soothing joint pain and flu symptoms, relieving PMS, purifying the blood and preventing respiratory problems.
We hope the Afternoon Tea experience restores your balance and harmony.
Blue Pine & Ginger Tea
- 750 ml (3.2 cups) water
- 150 g (5.3 oz) blue pine needles
- 100 g (3.5 oz) ginger
- 2 pieces of lime
- Organic local honey
- Harvest a bunch of blue pine needles (300 gram). Gather the pine needles, wash thoroughly and dry.
- Chop the blue pine needles, and the ginger in to thin slices.
- Boil the water and add the blue pine needles with the sliced ginger.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Avoid heating any longer as Vitamin C is heat sensitive.
- Remove the tea from the heat, and allow to steep for few minutes.
- Add lime juice and sweetened with local honey to your liking.
Apple & Almond Jaggery with shredded Coconut
- 750 g (26.5 oz) apple & almond muesli
- 500 g (17.8 oz) jaggery (non-centrifugal cane sugar)
- 10 ml (2 tsp) “ghee” (clarified butter)
- 14 g (1 Tbsp) fennel seeds
- 5 g (1 tsp) of ginger powder
- 100 g (3.5 oz) shredded coconut
- Crush the organic jaggery in a mortal.
- Heat ghee gently in a pan, and lower the flame.
- Add the apple & almond muesli, carom seeds, fennel seeds, and ginger powder.
- Stir well.
- Turn off the heat and add the organic jaggery immediately.
- Mix thoroughly till the ingredients are well combined.
- Spread the mixture on a tray with parchment paper.
- Let it cool, when set cut into bars or shape to your liking.
- Sprinkle the apple & almond jaggery bars with coconut dust.
- Store in an airtight glass container.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.