Six Senses Kaplankaya reopens on May 1, 2018 with a generous helping of offers, wellness programs and activities including cooking workshops. First on the chef’s list is the much-maligned nettle, which is actually a nutritional powerhouse!
Six Senses Kaplankaya chooses a cleaner and simpler approach to food preparation, focusing on quality, balance and seasonal whole food made from scratch. Our chef is reinforcing his relationships with local farmers, producers and suppliers, who are committed to responsible sourcing and seasonality. He is also preparing his list of energy-boosting ingredients such as nettles and lavender, which are abundant in color, flavor, iron and minerals. The combination doesn’t just taste zesty – it will boost your energy and brighten up your whole day.
Nettles, herb known for their nutritive properties as they are nutrient dense and nourishing to the body, will begin popping up in early spring, and are harvested by villagers (carefully!) from rivers, streams, lakes ditches, hedgerows, and on the edges of cultivated farm fields all around the Turkish Coast. Lavender, known for its calming and balancing fragrance, has been commonly used for its stress reducing effects for over 2,500 years.
Why not roll your sleeves up, don an apron (and gloves), and join us at Six Senses Kaplankaya for a wonderfully aromatic cooking class? Scroll to our special opening offer for bonus delights when you stay two nights or longer from May 1 to October 31, 2018.
Nettle and Lavender Soup
- 1 cup fresh stinging nettles, rinsed and drained
- 1 parsnip, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 parsley root, peeled and finely chopped
- 10 ml (2 tsp) tahini
- 950 ml (4 cups) purified water
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Black sesame and lavender oil, to garnish.
- Sautée vegetables.
- Blanch nettles. Soak the nettles in ice then strain.
- Add vegetable stock.
- Blend them together.
- Finish with lavender oil and black sesame.
For more information, please call +90 252 511 00 30 or email email@example.com.